This Privacy Notice was posted on 01 May 2018 It is effective upon acceptance for all users. It is part of a larger General data protection regulations compliance kit which is available to view on request.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our head office in the U.K at the following address: 25-27 Blackwell Drive , Springwood industrial estate, Braintree, Essex CM7 2PU.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice via email.
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. It applies to any GT exhibitions site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any services where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices. By using our services and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Global Privacy Standards
GT Exhibitions has established data privacy standards. They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honour our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed or retained within the GT Exhibitions family. The company you are contracting with has an appointed data controller, who is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the GT Exhibitions corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.K and elsewhere in the world where our data centres are located with your consent.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that GT Exhibitions has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us. Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction is normally encrypted and not information that we can access.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or ship items, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programmes, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age and gender.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws and only where we have a legal basis to do so.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we intend to collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice. You must also ensure that you have permission to data portability from the individual/s concerned.
We may collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to provide and improve our Services, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We retain your personal information only as a commercial necessity, for legitimate purposes and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
We may also provide you with credit and service opportunities on behalf of other members of our GT Exhibitions corporate family and their financial institution partners, keeping in mind we do not share any financial information with them without your explicit consent.
- Customize, measure and improve our Services.
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- Contact you about your account and provide you customer service.
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws and any agreement we may have with you.
For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you. The choice you have begins with your consent for us to use this information. You can control the methods by which we may contact you about your account and your buying activities. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes. If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, you may not have access to all our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized parties under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it. You can see, review and change your personal information by requesting a data summary from our data controller.
Upon your subject access request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as reasonably possible and within our compliance GDPR Manual, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
GT Exhibitions corporate family members, who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support)
- help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement and data security breaches
- guide decisions about their products, sites, services, tools and communications.
Service Providers and financial institution partners, who may use it to:
- help us to provide our services,
- payment processing services,
- to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement Third party service providers,
- fraud and/or security breaches,
- bill collection,
- affiliate and rewards programs
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorized by law
- to comply with our legal requirements,
- enforce our User Agreement,
- respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others,
- or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
We may also be required to provide information to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, county, postcode, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.
We may also be required to provide information to credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
Additionally, to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
When transacting with another user, the other user may request and we may provide him/her with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, email address, contact details, shipping and invoicing address, or other information from you needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide the other user with details of the unsuccessful transaction. The other user receiving your information is not allowed to use this information for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have express consented to it.
Change of Ownership
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
We protect your information on our servers using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centre, and information access authorization controls. We also ensure that data contained on computers is:
- Forced screen savers requiring password after short periods of inactivity.
- Remote server access only for users who specifically require it.
- Review share access on the GT server to ensure those who need specific data have access only to that.
- Secure access to the internal network to ensure staff working in a specific area (i.e sage, invoicing, databases) are the only staff who have access to it.
- Operate a clean desk policy for documents not stored in digital form.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, our global privacy standards or our information handling practices, you can reach our Global Privacy Office in writing by sending us a letter or email to our Data controller officer: Lauren Bazley at GT Exhibitions.
There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:
Q. When you share your personal information on our sites or applications – what happens?
A. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
This policy is in part connect with the GT Exhibitions 30 section compliance Policy.